Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Even the best fall down sometimes"

~"Collide" by Howie Day

My kids LOVE to make messes. Mostly they say their making forts or houses or clubhouses but really they're just making a mess :) Yesterday they were occupied with their various building activities all day.
This is Davis' new bed.

Then he made a clubhouse.

But he wasn't sharing so Leah made her own.

But then, when the house was completely destroyed and you couldn't step anywhere without stepping on a pillow or blanket or toy or child, Leah tripped. I didn't see the catastrophic fall but I heard the screaming/crying! Apparently the fates where out to get her and she fell right on a can of peaches Davis had gotten out to eat "later". Ouch!
She did eventually stop crying but it took awhile! Then they all continued to happily make more messes for the rest of the day :)

Moral of the story: Being messy does have it's consequences!

5 comments:

Lisa and Bill said...

They look like they were having a blast! Leah's injury looked better the 2nd day for sure. You might want to check the back of her heals she might have a blister from her shoes. (She showed us in class today! I made sure she didn't show her back-little boy in the room!)

Adorable kids! I love how you let them be kids and create and play!

I remember making forts with blankets & pillows when I was little. And we used to make sandwiches with pillows with us in the middle as the meat! (random memory-weird!)

Jeffrey said...

If you would just let Davis and Gray and I have our He-Man Woman Haters meeting in the office, we wouldn't have this problem.

gojensens said...

WOW, don't you have some patience! Poor Leah!

Jocie said...

We used to do that sometimes. Usually it ended up with all of the blankets and pillows in the house (and sometimes a mattress) under the one balcony so we could jump off. That is my fam for ya. It was fun though!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You are tremendously patient! I don't typically let Warren loose but I'm getting better - I let him play forever in the dirt outside & I just don't care. Hey, for me, that's progress!