Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Still so young and desperate for attention"

~"The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage" by Panic at the Disco

Well, I'm officially 27 years old!! My birthday was on Monday (thanks to all those who remembered me on my special day :) and it was great! I really needed a vacation so I took the whole weekend off. It worked out perfectly since Breaking Dawn came out and I'd wanted to spend the whole day reading it anyways :) So here's a rundown of my relaxing weekend adventure:
-Friday night I went to Sushi Mon with Jeff, yum yum.
- Checked into my hotel and then headed over to Barnes & Nobel to buy BD at midnight.
- I bought my book and was back at my hotel by 12:30am. I couldn't not read so I read for a little while :)
- Slept.
- Saturday morning I woke up and read some more :)
- Went to lunch with Jenny at Yassou's Greek Grill, my fav.
- Went back to the hotel and read some more.
- Went to Rachel's surprise birthday party!
- Back at my hotel Jeff came and gave me a back massage.
- Read the last few chapters and felt satisfied.
- Slept all night with no interruptions :)
- Sunday morning I got ready for church and met Jeff who already had the kids in the van :)

Sometimes you just "need a breather from the flavors of entanglement". Thanks Alanis for the inspiration :)

10 comments:

I am Keri. said...

I'm retarded! Why did I not know it was your birthday? I'm sorry! Happy birthday!

gojensens said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend! That was nice that Jeff was able to go to the hotel Sat. night and give you a back massage! So I take it you finished the book. How did you like it? I need to start it!

Katie said...

Awww, sounds GREAT! Glad you got a much needed break.

Sommer said...

You stayed at a hotel for your birthday, by yourself???? I am sooooo jealous! I would love to have that time for myself. Ultimate dream: Spending a day at Disneyland by myself. Wierd huh! Happy Birthday! Wait till you get my age and then you'll say, "Holy Crap! I'm 31!"

Sommer

Lisa and Bill said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a wonderful gift to stay in a hotel by yourself. I really need to come borrow some of those books. It sounds like it's a "can't put it down" type of series. Glad you had a great time!

Jocie said...

Yea for you! and happy birthday! I went backpacking with my family With Rome. I kept asking myself why I do silly things like that and then I remember the Huge break I get from baby duty when I am with my family. I love baby duty breaks!

Sommer said...

Autumn! I will be at the Butterfly park Friday morning around 9:30 if you want to come. Jeff said you might be interested! Email me! slimnsom@aol.com

Sommer

Misty said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your party went fabulous.
PS. I finally read Twilight, it was okay, but I didn't LOVE it!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your party went fabulous.
PS. I finally read Twilight, it was okay, but I didn't LOVE it!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Happy belated birthday - you know what you want & you got it for your birthday. What a way to celebrate your day!