I don't think it's a secret but it's official... I'm in love with blogging! I've never been good at journaling but I do think it's important to document your life... so now I have my blog. It's journaling complete with pictures! For some reason I feel compelled to list all of the reason why I love blogging so, here we go:
- I take pictures of things I never would have before and upload them to the computer almost instantly. Pictures used to sit on our camera forever, so long I'd forget they existed and uploading them was a walk down memory lane.
- I enjoy writing about my experiences as a mom and I hope my children will one day read my words and know how much I love them. I'm not prepared for the day when my children don't want to sleep in our bed, hold my hand, sit on my lap while we both laugh at Toy Story 2, but when that day comes hopefully they'll be able to read how much I enjoyed it while it lasted.
- Our friends and extended family can read this blog and get a glimpse of our life. Not just sporadic e-mails or all encompassing Christmas letters, a regular account of what's happening in our day.
- Friends, family, strangers who stumble upon my blog will know ME. I feel like this life is about sharing. I find people of all different backgrounds facinating and I consider everyone my friend. I know how much I appreciate other people sharing their life with me through their blog and I'd like to reciprocate :)
- I love reading other people's blogs and draw inspiration from them. This is one of the greatest things about the internet (usually I'm a minimalist when it comes to technology. I feel a lot of people let the computer, TV, video games, movies, and most things escapist in nature pull them away from their relationships with people). I feel like blogging moms everywhere can appreciate each other and lend a helping "tip" when needed like never before.
- Blogging helps me keep perspective. An article I recently read sums it up nicely: "I go thorough my day in 'compose post' mode, where I'm actively selecting words to describe my children- their beauty, their quirkiness, their inner lives- and that process helps me to see them, to be mindful of who they are." It helps me appreciate their quirkiness when I can share it with others and we can laugh together.
- Who doesn't love a nice healthy dose of self expression!?! I love how I can put anything I want on my blog. I had a friend say recently of her blog "I'm not going to apologize for who I am". Good point, me neither :)